We had to pick up a new tea kettle a while back when we first started living in the RV part time in the driveway. The one we had used for years finally bit the dust. We picked up the Farberware Luna for about $40. It has met all expectations we have had for it. The whistle is nice and loud but starts out slow and low and gives you time to turn off the burner before waking the house up. The construction and quality seem perfectly fine and I think it should last a very long time. Here are some specs on the Farberware Luna:
- CLASSIC WHISTLING TEA KETTLE. The Farberware Luna hot water kettle fills your home with a cheerful whistling noise, alerting you that the water is boiled and ready for use. Once ready, you can flip the push-button whistling spout and carry the kettle all with a single hand.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION. Our high-quality carbon steel construction ensures long-lasting durability and extremely rapid heating. Effortlessly boil up to 2.5 quarts of water in just minutes.
- ERGONOMIC STAY-COOL HANDLE & LID FINIAL. Our heat-resistant, stay-cool handle keeps your hands safe while the comfortable ergonomic design allows for effortless portability and pouring.
- GLOSSY ENAMEL FINISH. Wrapped with an attractive, chip-resistant porcelain enamel finish, our glossy stove kettles are as aesthetic as they are effective. The beautiful finish keeps the kettle rust-free
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY STOVE TYPE. Our versatile tea kettle can be used across a variety of stove types, including gas, electric, ceramic, halogen and even induction.
Or check out the video I put up on YouTube: